Public transit, Carpool, or Bus--Options Available
Transportation to Redeemer Christian High School is the responsibility of our parents/guardians. Many students use city transit or families join together to carpool. Others have joined together to organize bus routes on a cost recovery basis.
Redeemer has a contract, on behalf of the parents, with a bus company to provide service to families south of Ottawa.
1. Rural route bus – starts at Harmony Community Church and proceeds north to Metcalfe, then west to Redeemer.
Ottawa Christian School also provides bus transportation to Redeemer students living in the west end.
2. Stittsville/Kanata bus – starts in Stittsville, heads west, then south to Barrhaven and then north to Redeemer.
Fees for the use of these buses are on a per family basis and schedules for routes are available through the school office.
Each regular bus user can invite a guest to his or home and have the guest ride the bus free for up to two days per semester. Occasional bus users (less than once/week) may purchase tickets from the school office.
Although transportation to and from school can be an obstacle for some families, please speak to us about options that may be available for your location.
Bus/ School Cancellations
If there is inclement weather, there are three ways you can check to see if the buses are cancelled. You can check:
- Email: We will send notification of any bus cancellations to current parent email addresses on our distribution list.
- Website: The homepage on the Redeemer website will prominently display bus cancellation information as soon as possible.
- Radio: We will announce bus cancellations on the CFRA and CHRI radio stations.
Usually when the buses are not running, the school is closed due to inclement weather. The students and staff stay home when the school is closed.