Course: SCH3U Chemistry
Semester: 1, 2020-21
Teacher Name: Dan Kaiser
This course enables students to deepen their understanding of chemistry through the study of the properties of chemicals and chemical bonds; chemical reactions and quantitative relationships in those reactions; solutions and solubility; and atmospheric chemistry and the behaviour of gases. Students will further develop their analytical skills and investigate the qualitative and quantitative properties of matter, as well as the impact of some common chemical reactions on society and the environment.
Units Of Study
- Matter, Chemical Trends, and Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Reactions
- Quantities in Chemical Reactions
- Solutions and Solubility
- Gases and Atmospheric Chemistry
Resources and Deadlines
- Unit Outlines for all units of the course!
- The class Edmodo page will be regularly updated for students who are unable to attend.
- A review of chem basics from grades 9 and 10
- Significant Digits (or Significant Figures)
- Online Tutorial from Chem Collective
- Inorganic Nomenclature
- RCHS Lab Guide – download and start writing your lab report right in this document!
- Answers to the “Types of Reaction Worksheet“