82 Colonnade Road N.
Due to COVID-19, The Ugandan Mile was cancelled, but your support of Kwagala Ministries is more important than ever. Students will continue to fund raise until Friday, April 17.
Sponsor a Redeemer student who participates in The Ugandan Mile in support of Kwagala Ministries.
Redeemer students stay overnight at the school on a weekend to walk a metaphorical mile in the shoes of a child living on the street in Uganda. They have to earn their supper of rice and beans, but also have a great time of fellowship and games while raising money for a worthwhile cause.
Kwagala Ministries is a Ugandan NGO founded in 2013 by a Redeemer alumnus that provides shelter, support, education, and spiritual nurture to vulnerable boys in Uganda. For more information on Kwagala, visit their website at kwagalaministries.com
- Send an e-transfer to email@example.com
– This avoids the 3.5% administration fees for CanadaHelps. These donations need to be clearly marked with the person donating the money, their email address, and the student(s) they are sponsoring. Students must ask sponsors to submit that information along with the e-transfer.
- Donations can also be made securely online via Canada Helps. Please note, there is a fee of 3.5% deducted from all donations received through Canada Helps.
To use CanadaHelps:
- under Fund, select “Ugandan Mile”
- if you wish to sponsor a particular Redeemer student, enter the name of the student in the Message Box
- complete online donation form
- Send a cheque marked Ugandan Mile to the school (please indicate student you are sponsoring).
Pictured top: Ugandan Mile participants in 2019