Course: SCH3U Chemistry
Semester: 1, 2017-18
Teacher Name: Dan Kaiser
This course enables students to deepen their understanding of chemistry through the study of the properties of chemicals and chemical bonds; chemical reactions and quantitative relationships in those reactions; solutions and solubility; and atmospheric chemistry and the behaviour of gases. Students will further develop their analytical skills and investigate the qualitative and quantitative properties of matter, as well as the impact of some common chemical reactions on society and the environment.
Units Of Study
- Matter, Chemical Trends, and Chemical Bonding
- Chemical Reactions
- Quantities in Chemical Reactions
- Solutions and Solubility
- Gases and Atmospheric Chemistry
- Lab Exam – Thursday, January 17
- read the Student Handout in preparation. You will be provided with a printout of this on Wednesday, and we will go over the procedures and expectations as well.
- SNOW DAY – Jan 11, 2018. Tell your friends to check here for the work they are responsible for:
- Significant Digits (or Significant Figures)
- Online Tutorial from Chem Collective
- Inorganic Nomenclature
- RCHS Lab Guide – download and start writing your lab report right in this document!